Note: If you graduated from an NWI Accredited Academic Program in the past 24 months, please click here to be redirected to the proper application information.
A Certified Wellness Practitioner application for a wellness professional includes:
- OFFICIAL transcripts documenting your academic preparation, degree(s) and educational background. Transcripts from each degree completed are required. A bachelor's degree is the minimum requirement to achieve CWP designation. If you received your highest degree from an institution outside the United States, please apply for a WES credential evaluation (additional fee through WES) and submit an official credential evaluation report in lieu of transcripts. Send official transcripts or official credential evaluation report to: NWI Education Coordinator, CWP Application, National Wellness Institute, PO Box 827, Stevens Point, WI 54481
- a resume/curriculum vitae providing evidence of at least five years of full-time, post-bachelor's degree experience in the wellness/health promotion field where wellness/health promotion is a direct responsibility in your job description. Include job descriptions and names (along with telephone numbers and emails) of references who can speak to your wellness leadership. Five years of professional wellness experience is the minimum requirement to achieve CWP designation through this option. Volunteer, leadership, and continuing education experiences should also be included with documentation.
- a personal statement of qualifications (750 to 1,000 words). Provide specific examples of the following when writing
your personal statement:
- How does your academic background and work experience demonstrate your competency in applying knowledge and skills from the core content areas (see rubric)?
- How do you integrate multiple dimensions of wellness into
your approach to promoting wellness? Provide TWO specific examples of how you have used a whole-person, multi-dimensional approach to working with individuals, families, and/or communities.
- In what ways have you continued to enhance your wellness knowledge (provide documentation)?
Click here to view the rubric that will be used to evaluate the Certified Wellness Practitioner for Wellness Professionals application. Applications will be reviewed once all application materials and full payment are received. Applicants will then be notified of their acceptance status via e-mail within 4-5 weeks. Approved applicants will also receive an official certificate in the mail.
Along with the completed application, applicants must submit an application fee of $365* ($50 non-refundable) payable to the National Wellness Institute. Payment may be made online after submitting the application form below. The term of certification is five years and automatically includes a five-year membership in the National Wellness Institute (NWI) at no additional charge (currently, a $625 value). If your application is not approved, you will receive a refund of $315.
See below to apply online.
*All fees and terms subject to change at the discretion of the National Wellness Institute.