Click on any of the questions below for answers to our most frequently asked questions.
You'll find lots of additional information by clicking on the menu options on the National Wellness Conference page. If you don't find the answer online, we are happy to help. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715.342.2969
Click on any of the questions below for answers to our most frequently asked questions.
- What is the cut-off date to receive early registration pricing?
The cut-off date for Early Bird rates for the 2018 Main Conference is February 16, 2018.
- I'm registering someone else (e.g., boss, colleague, spouse). Whose login information do I use?
Always use the PARTICPANT'S username and password when registering to ensure any applicable discounts are applied and the registration is linked to their NWI member or Guest account. If you don't have the participant's username and password, call NWI at 715.342.2969 and we can complete the registration over the phone. If the participant does not have an account with NWI, you will need create a Guest Account or purchase a full NWI membership
for them before starting the event registration. If the billing information is different than the participant's contact information, you'll have the opportunity to enter billing contact details at the end of the registration process.
- I am not an NWI Member. Can I still register online?
Absolutely! There is no requirement to be a member to register, but you will have to create a guest account if you are not an NWI member. However, the benefit to being an NWI member is a significant discount on Main Conference registration, and the ability to log into your member account to access your event registration later. Click here for the complete list of NWI member benefits and information on joining.
- Can I receive an invoice for my registration, or pay by check?
and select "Pay by Check." You will then be able print out a copy of your invoice and mail it with your payment or submit it to your employer for payment. You are not officially registered until complete payment is received.
- I am a current NWI member. How do I ensure I receive all applicable discounts?
When you register online
, be sure you log in with your member username and password first. The system will recognize you as a member and apply any discounts to all applicable registration items. Please call 715.342.2969 if the system is not recognizing you as a member; our membership department can verify your login information and expiration date.
- Does my registration include a National Wellness Institute membership?
No. Memberships are not included with NWC registration. It is encouraged that you become a member of NWI prior to registering for the Conference as there is a significant discount on Main Conference registration. Click here for the complete list of NWI member benefits and information on joining.
- I'm a full-time college student. Do I receive special pricing?
Student members of NWI can attend the full Main Conference at a highly discounted rate of $225. If you are not already a student member of NWI, and are enrolled as a full-time student, register as a student member for only $25 for one year
. You will need to upload proof of your full-time student status (e.g., a current class schedule with at least 9 current credits at the undergraduate level or at least 8 current credits at the graduate and doctoral level). Once you are registered as a member, log in before registering for the Conference. The system will then apply student rates to your registration.
- Do you offer any group discounts?
Yes, we offer a discounted rate for teams of three or more. The discount applies to full Main Conference registration only. To receive the team discount, registrations for all team members must be received at the same time. Call 715.342.2969 to register your team or e-mail email@example.com
to request your team discount code to register online.
- I received a promo code. Where do I enter it?
Promo codes may be applied online during checkout.
- Do I have to be registered for the Main Conference to sign up for a Worksite Wellness Certificate program or a Pre-conference program, and vice versa?
You do not have to be attending one to participate in the other (but we highly recommend taking in all you can!).
- How do I make a change to a registration that has already been submitted? What if I need to add a registration item?
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 715.342.2969 to change your registration.
- Something's come up and I won't be able to make it to the NWC. What's your cancellation policy?
NWI Event Cancellation Policy:
Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge. A charge of 10% of the registration fee will be made for cancellations received in writing (or e-mailed with confirmation received) more than 15 business days prior to the start of the event. A charge of 50% of the registration fee will be assessed for cancellations received 15 or less business days prior to the start of the event. If you have any questions regarding your registration, contact NWI
- Can I get a receipt for my Conference registration?
You should have received a copy of your registration invoice via e-mail when you registered. If you are an NWI member, or have a guest account, log in to your account, click on "Manage Profile" and scroll down to "Event Registrations" to view your registration details, or click on "Orders" to view your past invoices. If you are not an NWI member, or need additional assistance, please e-mail email@example.com
or call 715.342.2969.
- Is there a deadline for registering for the National Wellness Conference?
You can register as late as on-site for the Main Conference, but we recommend that you register at least a week in advance so your registration materials are ready and waiting for you at check-in. The last day to register online is June 7, 2018; after this date onsite registration rates
apply. If registering after June 7, 2018, you must do so during open check-in hours (beginning Sunday, June 17) at the Saint Paul RiverCentre in St. Paul, Minnesota. Onsite registration is available for the Main Conference only.
- Are there exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities available?
Yes! You can easily register
as an exhibitor or sponsor by selecting the Exhibitor/Sponsor Attendee type during registration. Find more details on exhibiting and the levels of sponsorship available by visiting the NWC Exhibit and Sponsorship page
- Where can I find descriptions of Main Conference sessions offered at the NWC?
A complete list of 2018 sessions will be online in February, and will be listed in the program book you will receive at check-in.
- Do I have to pre-register for the breakout sessions I wish to attend?
No, all breakouts sessions are included with your conference registration, and there is no need to pre-register. Feel free to attend whatever sessions you would like.
- What are the NWI Academies offered during the conference?
The NWI Academies, offered from 10:15 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. during the Main Conference, provide attendees with networking and experiential learning opportunities to greater enhance their Conference experience. In 2018, Academies will be offered in Coaching (Monday), Worksite (Tuesday), and Multicultural Competency (Wednesday). Participants may attend any (or all) of these sessions (with lunch to be enjoyed as a group during the Academy). Academy participants have increased opportunities for interaction with other wellness professionals, sharing ideas and resources, discussing challenges, creating solutions, developing skill-sets, learning best practices specific to their professional development needs, and making connections to give and receive ongoing support at the conference and beyond.
- I'm attending a worksite wellness certification program that takes place the first two days of the Main Conference. Can I attend evening sessions/activities after 5:30 p.m.?
Yes! You are welcome to attend all programming on the same day(s) as the program for which you are registered, as well as the Sunday evening Welcome to Wellness Reception and Exhibit Hall Grand Opening.
- Are handouts available for NWC sessions?
In an effort to be greener, hard copies of session handouts will not be available on-site. Handouts, if available, may be downloaded at NationalWellness.org/Conference beginning in May. The handouts list will be updated frequently and handouts will remain online for approximately two months following the NWC.
- Is there a place I can purchase an audio recording from a session?
Audio recordings of most NWC sessions will also be available for purchase. See your program book for details.
- How do I get to the National Wellness Conference?
For travel information, click here
- Where do I park?
The Saint Paul RiverCentre offers a convenient parking ramp accross the street from the conference center. The ramp address is 150 West Kellogg Boulevard, Saint Paul, MN 55102. Find details on the Saint Paul RiverCentre parking and directions webpage
- Is campus housing available?
No. Our new location is not associated with a college campus, and therefore no campus housing options (dorm rooms) are available. However, we have worked with nearby hotels to offer our attendees significant rate discounts. Please visit the NWC travel page
for a listing of hotels, rates, and reservation deadlines.
- What hotels do you recommend?
See the NWC Travel Information page
for a listing of nearby hotels and their discounted rates for NWC attendees. Note: Most hotels require you call the local number or use a unique link to receive any discounts offered to National Wellness Conference attendees. Be sure to mention you are with the National Wellness Conference and reserve as early as possible to guarantee the best rates.
- Where do I eat?
Lunches are included with Pre-conference and Main Conference registration for no additional fee only for the day(s) you select during registration. A meal ticket will be provided at check-in. Other onsite refreshments may be available for purchase. Visit http://www.visitsaintpaul.com/restaurants/
for a list of area restaurants.
Check-in, Continuing Education, and Other Registrant Questions
- Where, and when, do I check in once I arrive at the Conference?
Check in on the 2nd floor of the Saint Paul RiverCentre, during the hours listed below to receive your name badge, program book, and other registration items.
NWC Check-in/Registration Hours:
(Check-in for weekend programs begins at 8 a.m.)
Sunday: 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Monday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- What is the Welcome to Wellness Reception on Sunday?
All Worksite Wellness Specialist, pre-conference program, and Main Conference attendees are invited to take part in the Exhibit Hall Grand Opening and Welcome to Wellness Reception, Sunday from 4-7 p.m. Meet other Conference participants, peruse the exhibits, enjoy light appetizers, and maybe even win some prizes!
- I want to earn some continuing education credits (CECs) at NWC. What do I do?
For a current list of approved providers, click here
. Participants must attend an entire session and complete the online session evaluation indicating which CEC type is needed (and include their name on it) to earn credit for that session. Certificates will be sent via e-mail approximately three weeks after the Conference. If you have not received your certificate by then, please verify the e-mail address we have on file for you through your account and contact us if you have any concerns.
- Will I have Internet access at the NWC?
A free guest wireless network is available at the Saint Paul RiverCentre.
- Is there a a place I can rent a bike to use during the Conference?
Twin Cities offers a "Nice Ride” bike share program, and there are four stations within a three-block radius of the Saint Paul RiverCentre. For details, see niceridemn.org
. The city of Saint Paul also has over 140 miles of bicycle facilities; learn more at https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/public-works/bicycles
- Is there a place I can work out nearby?
The St. Paul Downtown YMCA
is located about a mile from the Saint Paul RiverCentre. If you are staying at one of the hotels listed on the NWC Travel page
, they all feature indoor pools and fitness facilities.
- What's the weather typically like?
June is often one of the most delightful times of year in Minnesota, but it can also be quite hot and humid. Layers are recommended, as temperatures vary and nights (and air-conditioned rooms) may be cool. Thunderstorms are also common in the summer months, so it's a good idea to pack rain gear.
- What should I bring with me? What clothes should I pack?
- gear for runs/walks by the river, wellness activities, and/or a morning workout (e.g., sneakers, workout clothes, swimsuit, and/or yoga mat)
- business cards (to share with all the new friends you're sure to make at the NWC!)
- hard copies of session handouts (available for download on NationalWellness.org/Conference beginning in May and updated frequently)
- notebook and pens or pencils
- umbrella, raincoat/poncho
- personal water bottle to refill at hydration stations
- light jacket or sweater (rooms are air-conditioned and temperatures vary--plan for layers!)
- comfortable clothes--casual/business casual . . . Whatever you are comfortable in!