Continuing education credit (CEC) is available for participation in live NWI webinars. A processing fee of $5 per CEC provider is required when registering for CECs. (Processing fee is not required for "NWI" CECs toward CWP, CWWS, CWWPM, or WCP re-certification when participating in the live webinar).
NWI members who hold a CWP, CWWS, CWWPM, or WCP certification may also receive Level 1 CECs by viewing on-demand webinars and successfully completing the associated quiz within 90 days of the live webinar. Registration for credit typically opens one week following the live webinar. (A $10 fee is required to access the quiz and receive the credit). View on-demand webinars available for credit.
Important Information and Requirements for Continuing Education for LIVE webinars
- One 60-minute webinar is equal to one contact hour, or one continuing education credit (CEC).
- To receive continuing education, you must attend the LIVE webinar for the full 60 minutes by logging in with the link provided via GoToWebinar. (Note: We are unable to verify attendance if you call the phone number only). Continuing Education is NOT available for viewing of on-demand webinars, with the exception of NWI credit for members who hold an NWI certification (see above for details).
- You must register and participate as an individual. If the webinar is watched as a group, only the registered participant is eligible to receive the Certificate of Attendance.
- You must complete and submit the evaluation that will be e-mailed to you following the webinar. Evaluations must be submitted through the online evaluation form link within one week following the live webinar. Certificates of Attendance will NOT be granted for evaluations submitted after the one-week deadline.
- A processing fee of $5 per CEC provider is required when registering for CECs. (Processing fee is not required for "NWI" CECs toward CWP, CWWS, CWWPM, or WCP re-certification). You must register for CECs when registering for the webinar; requests to register for CECs after the live webinar is complete will not be granted.
- Certificates of Attendance will be e-mailed to the e-mail address associated with the registrant's NWI webinar account within two weeks of receiving the evaluation.
Approved Providers for LIVE Webinars
The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “National Wellness Institute, Inc.” meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from (December 2015– December 2018). Providership #661228.
NCHEC (CHES/MCHES): National Wellness Institute is designated a provider of Category I continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. NWI webinars are designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive Category I continuing education contact hours.
NWI (CWP/CWWS/CWWPM): Continuing education credits for National Wellness Institute webinars have been approved by the National Wellness Institute for NWI Certified Wellness Practitioners (CWP), Certified Worksite Wellness Specialists (CWWS), and Certified Worksite Wellness Program Managers (CWWPM). You must hold an active NWI certification to earn "NWI" CECs.
General Attendance Continuing Education Certificate: National Wellness Institute-verified contact hours for
continuing education credit/general certificate of participation.
or call 715.342.2969.