Continuing education credit (CEC) is included when you attend a full live webinar and complete the associated evaluation. You must indicate during registration the type of credit(s) needed.
Coming soon: CECs will also be available for viewing on-demand webinars and successfully completing the associated quiz. Registration for credit typically opens one week following the live webinar. View on-demand webinars currently available for credit for NWI members who hold an NWI certification.
Important Information and Requirements for Continuing Education for LIVE webinars
- One 60-minute webinar is equal to one contact hour, or one continuing education credit (CEC).
- To receive continuing education, you must attend the LIVE webinar for the full 60 minutes by logging in with the link provided via GoToWebinar. (Note: We are unable to verify attendance if you call the phone number only). Continuing Education is currently NOT available for viewing of on-demand webinars, with the exception of NWI credit for members who hold an NWI certification (see above for details).
- You must register and participate as an individual. If the webinar is watched as a group, only the registered participant is eligible to receive the Certificate of Attendance.
- You must complete and submit the evaluation that will be e-mailed to you following the webinar. Evaluations must be submitted through the online evaluation form link within one week following the live webinar. Certificates of Attendance will NOT be granted for evaluations submitted after the one-week deadline.
- Certificates of Attendance will be e-mailed to the e-mail address associated with the registrant's NWI account within two weeks of receiving the evaluation.
Approved Providers for LIVE Webinars
ACSM: The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “National Wellness Institute, Inc.” meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from (December 2015– December 2018). Providership #661228.
NCHEC (CHES/MCHES): National Wellness Institute is designated a provider of Category I continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. NWI webinars are designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive Category I continuing education contact hours.
NWI (CWP/CWWS/CWWPM): Continuing education credits for National Wellness Institute webinars have been approved by the National Wellness Institute for NWI Certified Wellness Practitioners (CWP), Certified Worksite Wellness Specialists (CWWS), and Certified Worksite Wellness Program Managers (CWWPM). You must hold an active NWI certification to earn "NWI" CECs.
SHRM: National Wellness Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. The NWI webinars are valid for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org
General Attendance Continuing Education Certificate: National Wellness Institute-verified contact hours for
continuing education credit/general certificate of participation.
or call 715.342.2969.