"Resilience & Thriving: The Secret Power of Stress"
Earn Your Certificate as a Resilience & Thriving Facilitator
Next online training starts January 31, 2018
An increasing number of wellness practitioners are being asked to deliver training or coaching in the areas of resilience and thriving. To meet this need, the National Wellness Institute (NWI), in collaboration with Organizational Wellness Learning Systems (OWLS), is offering a new 5-credit course with evidence-informed tools and competency-based training. Participants will learn a new system that integrates NWI's 6 Dimensions of Wellness model with the concepts of stress, resilience, and thriving. Participants will receive a slide deck, facilitator notes, handouts, a book, and other tools they can provide in their own workshops, training, and coaching activities.
To date, over 50 professionals have been trained in the core components of the Resilience & Thriving model. The model has universal application, as thousands of individuals have been reached across diverse industries. This includes the military, small businesses, Native American populations, higher education, healthcare, and corporations. This new course also aligns with the NWI Wellness Promotion Competency Model.
To earn a Certificate as a Resilience & Thriving Facilitator, participants must successfully complete all elements of the online training and pass an online exam.
As a result of this course, participants (and their students, employees or clients who receive the training) will be able to:
- distinguish between how stress, resilience, and thriving operates in their lives
- identify the effects of stress and signs of not coping well
- identify personal coping style and strengths for transforming stress into a positive factor
- identify how stress is a risk factor for both personal health (negative well-being, unhealthy habits) and workplace outcomes (absenteeism, accidents, mistakes)
- recognize healthy alternatives to working with stress
- describe 5 specific steps to thrive from stress
- Preview: A 30-minute video preview of core concepts and competencies related to the course
- Session 1 (Wed., January 31, 2018 | 12 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. CST): A 2.5-hour online live and interactive webinar that immerses participants in course content
- Session 2 (Wed, February 7, 2018 | 12 p.m. - 2 p.m. CST): A 2-hour review of course materials, logistics, fidelity, and evaluations
- Exam: A quiz following the video preview and a final exam are required for receipt of professional certificate and continuing education credit
>> Join our mailing list to be notified of future training dates!
Participants must have a reliable internet connection. A free download of Zoom web conferencing software is required. Audio may be accessed via phone, or via computer microphone and speakers (webcam optional).
Sign up early: Space is very limited for this program.
Current NWI Members: $599 | Non-members: $649 (Join now to save!)
NWI Event Cancellation Policy: Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge. A charge of 10% of the registration fee will be made for cancellations received in writing (or e-mailed with confirmation received) more than 15 business days prior to the start of the event. A charge of 50% of the registration fee will be assessed for cancellations received 15 or less business days prior to the start of the event. If you have any questions regarding your registration, contact NWI.
All participants receive:
- an electronic copy of the core presentation slide-deck with facilitator notes
- all handouts, evaluation forms, and guidelines needed to replicate the training
- an Excel spreadsheet for tabulating pre- and post-ratings
- follow-up access to the preview video and all session recordings
- a copy of Raw Coping Power: From Stress to Thriving by Dr. Joel Bennett
- 50% Discount on copies of the book for bulk purchases of 10 or more books
Additional Course Information
- Preview video will be sent to enrolled students at least two days prior to course start date
- Students will take the multiple choice final exam within 7 days of course completion
- Students may retake the final exam up to three times. Students who do not pass the final exam after their third attempt will be required to retake the course and pass the final exam to attain their Certificate as a Resilience & Thriving Facilitator.
Questions about this course? Email email@example.com
or call us at (817) 921-4260
Continuing Education Credit
Individuals who complete the training and associated exam may earn 5 continuing education credits (CECs) toward certifications held at the time of the training (see below for organizations that have pre-approved this program for credit). A CEC certificate will be e-mailed to individuals who select their desired CEC certificate(s) on post-training evaluation form.
ACSM: The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “National Wellness Institute, Inc.” meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from (December 2015 – December 2018). Providership # 661228
NCHEC (CHES/MCHES): National Wellness Institute is designated a provider of Category I continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. The NWI Resilience &Thriving Train-the-Trainer certificate program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive 5 Category I (advanced) continuing education contact hours.
NWI (CWP): The Resilience & Thriving Train-the-Trainer certificate program has been approved for 5 Category 1 continuing education credits by the National Wellness Institute for NWI Certified Wellness Practitioners (CWP).
SHRM: National Wellness Institute is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. The NWI Resilience & Thriving Train-the-Trainer certificate program is valid for 5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org
General Attendance Continuing Education Certificate: National Wellness Institute-verified contact hours for continuing education credit/certificate of participation.
About the Presenter
Joel Bennett, PhD, is President of Organizational Wellness & Learning Systems (OWLS), a consulting firm that specializes in evidence-based wellness and e-learning technologies to promote organizational health and employee well-being. Dr. Bennett first delivered stress management programming in 1985 and OWLS programs have since reached close to 100,000 workers across the United States and abroad. He is primary developer of “Team Awareness” and “Team Resilience,” evidence-based, culture of health programs recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Health and the Surgeon General as effective in reducing employee behavioral risks. Clients who have used OWLS tools or consulting services include Southwest Airlines, Caterpillar Corporation, Carlson Restaurants (TGIF), National Electrical Contractors Association, Owens Corning, Wyndham International Hotels, Wellness Councils of America (WELCOA), American Council of Engineering Companies, and various health and non-profit community agencies. Dr. Bennett has authored over 20 peer-reviewed scientific articles as well as five books, including Raw Coping Power, Well-Being Champions, Time & Intimacy, Heart-Centered Leadership, and Preventing Workplace Substance Abuse.