Financial Wellness Facilitator Certificate Course
The 7-credit* Financial Wellness Facilitator Certificate course includes the following online modules. Approximate time for completion of each self-paced module is included in parentheses. Each module and its associated quiz must be successfully completed before the participant is given access to the next module. Participants must complete all elements during the 6-week course for which they are enrolled.
- Module 1 (2 hours): “The Case for Financial Wellness”
- Module 2 (3 hours): “5 Essentials for Financial Wellness”
- Thought Barriers to Financial Wellness
- Essential 1: Budgeting
- Essential 2: Investing (Getting Started and Retirement)
- Essential 3: Risk and Insurance
- Essential 4: Taxes
- Essential 5: Life and Legacy
- Module 3 (2 hours): "Living Financially Well" Lunch and Learn Facilitator Training
Financial Wellness Facilitator Certificate courses are offered bi-monthly, beginning on the third Monday of the month (February, April, June, August, October, December).
Facilitator Course Registration Fee
Current NWI members: $545 | Non-members: $675 (Join now to save!)
NWI's Partnership with the Foundation for Financial Wellness
The National Wellness Institute (NWI) has partnered with the Foundation for Financial Wellness (FFW)— whose team includes the former Wellness Program Director at NASA, an award-winning educator, and a top-performing financial advisor—to develop courses that look at financial wellness through the lens of NWI’s Six Dimensions of Wellness model. Typically, people say that after taking part in one of FFW’s learning experience, their employees are less distracted, more engaged, and more satisfied with their work and pay, thus enhancing their overall wellness.
Trainings include two self-paced, interactive eLearning courses that align with the NWI Wellness Promotion Competency model and offer evidence-informed tools and training:
1) A 7-credit* "Financial Wellness Facilitator Certificate" course (includes "The Case for Financial Wellness")
2) A 2-credit "The Case for Financial Wellness" course (Available a la carte or as part of the Facilitator Certificate course. Registration for the a la carte course will open by Feb. 1).
If you complete the standalone course and would later like to register for the Facilitator Certificate course, please contact NWI to receive a $50 discount on your Facilitator Certificate course registration.
*Participants will receive 2 credits for completion of "The Case for Financial Wellness" course (taken either a la carte or as part of the Facilitator Certificate course) and 5 additional credits for the completion of the full Financial Wellness Facilitator Certificate course.
View more details about these courses, including course objectives and continuing education credit information, at NationalWellness.org/FinancialWellness