2020 National Wellness Conference Preconference
Health and Wellness Coaching in a New Era: Reimagine Yourself and Your Practice
Sunday, July 19, 2020; 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The National Wellness Institute has collaborated with representatives from the International Coach Federation, National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching, and the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point to develop an intensive four-hour workshop for health and wellness coaches of all experience levels.
This highly interactive program presents aspiring and established health and wellness coaches with tools and resources to reimagine their coaching practice. The new ideas and techniques experienced will benefit both the coach and their clients.
The workshop explores how coaches can:
- Honor the past (but not live in it). We begin with a self-coaching exercise to help coaches tap into their own experiences and inner wisdom to (re)discover their niche and align their coaching practice with their core values. Additional exercises will be introduced to help participants recognize their own implicit biases and more effectively engage with clients’ whose experiences and worldviews are different from their own.
- Be present. To best help others, we must first help ourselves. Attendees will learn—and experience—self-care techniques to enhance their own wellness and resilience. Coaches will return home feeling more present and equipped with new techniques to share with their clients.
- Focus on the future. Together, we will explore current advancements, opportunities, and challenges in the field of health and wellness coaching, including:
• innovative technologies, digital communication tools, and social media
• CPT codes/reimbursement for health and wellness coaching
• ethical considerations and technical implementation for virtual coaching
- Develop a 2020 vision. Participants will wrap up by creating a personal roadmap to reimagine and evolve their health and wellness coaching practice in this new decade. Examination of the exercises and information presented during the workshop as well as professional ethical standards and competency models provide a foundation to help coaches set clear professional development, wellness, and business goals.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop will benefit health and wellness coaches of all experience levels; nurse coaches; medical coaches; coaches working in healthcare, private practice, insurance, or within corporations; coaching students; coaching entrepreneurs; social workers; human resources and benefits professionals; personal trainers and fitness trainers; nutritionists and dietitians; Certified Health Education Specialists; community health workers; public health professionals; worksite wellness professionals and consultants; occupational health practitioners; employee assistance professionals; and individuals incorporating coaching into their health, wellness, or counseling practices.
The "Health and Wellness Coaching in a New Era: Reimagine Yourself and Your Practice" preconference will be held in conjunction with the 45th Annual National Wellness Conference in Orlando, Florida. (Attendance of the National Wellness Conference is encouraged but not required to participate in this preconference; additional registration rates apply.)
Receive four (4) continuing education credits when you complete the full workshop and online evaluation!
NWI Member: $245 | Non-member: $295