Train the Trainer Certificate: Resilience & Thriving
Individuals who earn a Train the Trainer Certificate through NWI will be able to use the tools, resources, and techniques provided in the certificate course to train students, employees, and clients in various settings in the topic presented.
Earn Your Certificate as a Resilience & Thriving Facilitator and be able to offer the "Resilience & Thriving: The Secret Power of Stress" training to others!
An increasing number of wellness practitioners are being asked to deliver training or coaching in the areas of resilience and thriving. To meet this need, the National Wellness Institute (NWI), in collaboration with Organizational Wellness Learning Systems (OWLS), is offering a new course with evidence-informed tools and competency-based training. Participants will learn a new system that integrates NWI's 6 Dimensions of Wellness model with the concepts of stress, resilience, and thriving. The slide deck, facilitator notes, handouts, book, and other tools provided in the training can be used in their own workshops, training, and coaching activities.
To date, over 50 professionals have been trained in the core components of the Resilience & Thriving model. The model has universal application, as thousands of individuals have been reached across diverse industries. This includes the military, small businesses, Native American populations, higher education, healthcare, and corporations. This new course also aligns with the NWI Wellness Promotion Competency Model.
To earn a Certificate as a Resilience & Thriving Facilitator, and be able to offer the “Resilience & Thriving: The Secret Power of Stress” training to others, participants must successfully complete all elements of the train the trainer certificate course and pass an online exam.
>>Download our informational flyer on the course
Certificate course participants—as well as the individuals they train—will be able to:
- distinguish between how stress, resilience, and thriving operates in their lives
- identify the effects of stress and signs of not coping well
- identify personal coping style and strengths for transforming stress into a positive factor
- identify how stress is a risk factor for both personal health (negative well-being, unhealthy habits) and workplace outcomes (absenteeism, accidents, mistakes)
- recognize healthy alternatives to working with stress
- describe 5 specific steps to thrive from stress
Who should attend?
- Wellness coaches & coordinators
- Worksite wellness professionals
- Health educators
- Human resource & employee benefits professionals
- Employee assistance professionals
- Wellness brokers
- Motivational speakers
- Anyone wishing to offer training in stress and resilience
Each training includes a preview video, 2 facilitated online sessions, and an online exam. Participants will receive 5 continuing education credits (CECs).
Sign up early: Space is limited to 20 participants per training for the online program. Once full, you can register for placement on our waitlist to be notified if an opening becomes available. This course will be offered online quarterly.
Current NWI Members: $599 | Non-members: $649 (Join now to save!)
- July 11, 2018 Session 1; 12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. CT
- July 18, 2018 Session 2; 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. CT
Sept./Oct. Online Training REGISTER NOW
- September 26, 2018 Session 1; 12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. CT
- October 3, 2018 Session 2; 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. CT
Join our email list to be notified of additional trainings as they are scheduled.
All participants receive:
- an electronic copy of the core presentation slide-deck with facilitator notes
- all handouts, evaluation forms, and guidelines needed to replicate the training
- an Excel spreadsheet for tabulating pre- and post-ratings
- follow-up access to the preview video and all session recordings
- a copy of Raw Coping Power: From Stress to Thriving by Dr. Joel Bennett
- 50% Discount on copies of the book for bulk purchases of 10 or more books
Online Course Schedule
- Preview: A 30-minute video preview of core concepts and competencies related to the course sent to enrolled students at least two days prior to course start date
- Session 1 (12 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. CST): A 2.5-hour online live and interactive webinar that immerses participants in course content
- Session 2 (12 p.m. - 2 p.m. CST): A 2-hour review of course materials, logistics, fidelity, and evaluations
- Exam: A final exam is required for receipt of professional certificate and continuing education credit
>>Click here for information about the technical requirements, continuing education credits, and presenter for our Train the Trainer certificate programs.
Questions about this course? Email email@example.com
or call NWI at 715-342-2969.