National Wellness Institute Names New Officers and Board Members
Monday, November 4, 2019
Posted by: Caroline Carlson
The National Wellness Institute (NWI) Board of Directors selected Brian Schroeder as its president-elect and Stacey Krawczyk as its secretary during NWI’s 2019 annual Board of Directors meeting, held in conjunction with the National Wellness Conference in Orlando, Fla. Linda Howard, JD, continues her term as board president.
In addition, the following individuals are the newest members to join the NWI Board:
- Dr. Tyler Amell, Chief Medical and Relationship Officer, CoreHealth Technologies, Calgary, Canada
- Dr. Carol Kennedy-Armbruster, Sr. Lecturer, Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
- Mazouz Oum El Kheir, Head of Corporate Social Responsibility, Etihad Airways, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Dr. Mark Pettus, Director of Medical Education Wellness and Population Health, Berkshire Health Systems, Boston, Mass.
- Dr. Lana Saal, Director of Wellness & Human Resources, NHI Forensic Automotive Research, Camas, Wash.
- Dr. Bridgette Stewart, Senior Lecturer, University of West Georgia, Carrollton, Ga.
- Barbara Zabawa, Attorney/President, Center for Health & Wellness, Madison, Wis.
“The expertise and knowledge base we have within the makeup of NWI allows us to drive our mission to the next level,” Howard says. “We are expanding our offerings, adding resources, and building new bridges. With the selection of our newest officers and members of the board, the National Wellness Institute can expand its efforts as the worldwide voice of the wellness community.”
Schroeder is the founder and CEO of Preventia Group, and the current treasurer of NWI’s board. “Thanks to the leadership of Linda Howard, NWI is in a great position to be a key leader for the $4.2 trillion wellness industry," he shares. "I am excited to work alongside Linda for the next year as President-elect. We will continue to build our community across the globe and ensure our industry has a focus on inclusive, whole-person wellness standards and competencies.”
Krawczyk is new to the NWI Board of Directors and took a leadership role early on in her tenure by becoming the NWI Board secretary. She is the president and founder of FoodWell Strategies, based in Kalamazoo, Mich.“The evolution we are seeing in wellness today requires that NWI also evolve," she states. "It is an exciting time to be part of this innovation in our industry by reimagining wellness in ways that help each individual thrive personally and professionally.”
>> Learn more about the members of the NWI Board