The NWI Young Wellness Professional Award recognizes the work and leadership of young wellness professionals, engaging and empowering millennials and younger generations to become the wellness leaders of tomorrow.
The 2018 award recipient, Romuald Antoine Jr., CPT, CHC, millennial engagement expert and author of the Ultimate Guide to Engaging Millennials, is the founder and CEO of One Stop Wellness, a workplace wellness company that helps organizations empower their employees to improve their lifestyle. His work has been covered by Men’s Health and others. He was named Top 100 Modern Man Influencers of 2017 by Black Enterprise. Romy is a fitness trainer and nutritionist with clients all over the world. He is an authority on how organizations can inspire well-being and managers can better engage millennials to attract and retain top talent. Romy is a graduate of USciences with a BS in Biology and serves as a workplace health educator for the American Heart Association.
NWI Young Wellness Professional 2018 Award recipient Romuald Antoine Jr., CPT, CHC, (right) with NWI Executive Director Matt Lund.
Thank you to all who applied for the 2018 Young Wellness Professional Award
The award is now closed to applicants until we open submissions for the 2019 Young Wellness Professional Award. Read on for details about this new award.
NWI Young Wellness Professional awardees will be offered:
- FREE attendance to the National Wellness Conference, including paid travel the year the award is presented to them.
- An internship opportunity at the NWI BOD with the possibility of becoming a full Board member after a year of service (pending on performance).
- A free annual NWI membership.
The award winner will be responsible for:
- Providing effective leadership to engage young generations in the healthcare and wellness industry via NWI
- Supporting leadership development among Millennial's in healthcare and wellness
- Bringing innovative and creative approaches related to holistic health practices, promoting wellness within communities, lifestyle medicine and integrated health care
To qualify for this award, participants must:
- Be between 18 and 35 years old
- Have an undergraduate degree, or attain an undergraduate degree no later than 6 months from application deadline
- Show proven leadership on a project that impacts personal, community, organizational, or corporate wellness
- Submit a resume
- Submit a cover letter explaining why he or she should be considered for the award
Have questions? Please email us at NWI@NationalWellness.org